Kilmore Church, Isle of Mull
By the late 1890's there were continual complaints about the state of the
old Church, and it was reported that the worshippers were colder and wetter
indoors than had they remained outside. Consequently a decision was taken to
replace the building, and the architect P. MacGregor Chalmers (1859-1922)
was entrusted with the designs for the new building. By 1902, he was already
regarded as one of the most foremost church designers and restoration
architects. He had set up his own practice in Glasgow in 1887, and had
already carried out many prestigious commissions by the time he was asked to
design a new Church for Kilmore.
The Rev. Robert Nelson B.A., B.D.
Isle of Mull
Argyll PA75 6RA
Telephone: 01688 302356
Facsimile: 01688 302356