Horsted Place was built by George Myers in 1850 for Francis
Barchard, a wealthy merchant. A.W.N.Pugin, famous for his
work on the House of Lords, is responsible for the design
of much of the detail that makes Horsted Place one of the
finest examples of Gothic revival architecture to be found
in Britain today. Untouched until 1965 the house was sold
to Lord and Lady Rupert Neville who undertook a complete refurbishment
adding the swimming pool as well as commissioning Sir Geoffrey
Jellicoe to landscape the grounds and gardens.
Horsted Place is a hotel providing the usual facilities.
Just off A26 south of Uckfield
Usual hotel hours