1857 - May 28 Born at Hessle, nr Hull : Eldest son of Rev. Charles Voysey.
1871 - Family moved to Dulwich when father was deprived of living in Healaugh, Yorkshire for unorthodox preaching.
1872 - Entered Dulwich College : remained there eighteen months and was afterwards educated by private tutor.
1873 - Articled to J.P. Seddon for five years: remained with Seddon for a further year. 1879 Assistant to Saxon Snell for a brief period.
1880-1 - Assistant to George Devey.
1881 or early 1882 - Set up his own practice at Broadway Chambers, Westminster, working at small alterations and surveys.
1883 - Through A.H. Mackmurdo, began work on pattern design, selling his first work to Jeffrey and Co.
1884 - Joined Art Workers' Guild.
1885 - Married Mary Maria Evans, living initially at 7 Blandford Road, Bedford Park, then at 45 Tierney Road, Streatham Hill, where his studio was also.
1888-9 - First house built, The Cottage, Bishops Itchington, Warwick, for M.H. Lakin.
1890-1 - Moved house and studio to 11 Melina Place, St John's Wood.
1895 - Moved house and studio to 6 Carlton Hill, St John's Wood.
1899 - Started to build The Orchard, Chorleywood, for himself: set up a separate studio at 23 York Place, Baker Street. (The Orchard was not completed until 1900; in the meantime the family lived in a rented house nearby.)
1913 - Moved studio temporarily to 25 Dover Street, then to to New Square, Lincolns Inn.
1917 - Took flat at 73 St James's Street and lived and worked there until his death.
1924 - Master of the Art Workers' Guild.
1931 - Retrospective exhibition of his work held at the Batsford Gallery, London, under the auspices of the Architectural Review.
1936 - Awarded the distinction of Designer for Industry by the Royal Society of Arts.
1940 - Awarded the Royal Gold Medal of the Royal Institute of British Architects.
1941 - February 12 Died at Winchester.